Asian ramen salad is full of color, flavor, and crunch! All of the fun textures make it perfectly satisfying and insanely delicious!
Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
When it is hot outside the last thing you want to do is cook! But we all still need to eat. This is where this asian ramen salad comes in. It is the perfect salad for any occasion. It is ideal for potlucks, BBQs, and family dinners. This asian ramen salad recipe makes a lot so it’s best for a crowd. It goes lovely with salmon, chicken, or your favorite steak. Everyone loves this asian ramen salad. It’s just so colorful and scrumptious!
Make this asian ramen salad for a fun lunch or brunch and serve with a side of rolls and fruit. This is the best summer salad because it’s light and refreshing, full of vegetables, and does not have a mayo-based dressing. This way you can keep it out a bit longer than the other salads without worrying about the mayo getting too warm. With the toasted noodles and almonds, it has a big bite that is truly satisfying. You have to make this asian ramen salad today!
What you will Need for Ramen Salad
Easy and full of vegetables, this asian ramen salad is a big winner! For all ingredient measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Ramen noodles: Use any flavor and you will remove the flavor packets.
- Sliced Almonds: You can use slivered almonds too, but the sliced almonds work best.
- Green cabbage: Slice the cabbage to bite-sized pieces yielding about 2 cups.
- Purple cabbage: You will also need 2 cups of sliced purple cabbage.
- Shredded carrots: Grate your own or you can buy pre-shredded.
- Green onions: Chop the onions finely.
Sweet and Savory Dressing
- Rice vinegar: This is nice mild vinegar that won’t overpower the salad.
- Olive oil: Classic oil of choice for dressings.
- Soy sauce: You can use low-sodium soy sauce if you desire.
- Honey: Sweet honey balances the vinegar.
- Garlic clove: Use fresh garlic minced for the best flavor.
- Sesame oil: This adds a rich sesame flavor that is lovely.
- Sesame seeds: Adds crunch and flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Add to taste.
Making Asian Ramen Salad
The crunch makes it so satisfying and the texture indulgent.
- Toast the noodles and nuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush up the ramen noodles and lay them on a sheet pan with the almonds. Toast until lightly brown for 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetables: In a large bowl add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and ramen and almonds.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil and seeds.
- Toss and Serve: Pour over the salad and toss until it is combined.
Tips For the Perfect Asian Ramen Salad
Colorful and super tasty, you are going to love all this salad has to offer.
- Sesoning Packet: Do not add the seasoning packet to the dressing. You do not need it, save it for another use. It contains a lot of sodium and the dressing has enough flavor on its own.
- Toasting: Toasting the nuts and noodles keeps them extra crunchy and adds a nice toasty flavor.
- Short Cuts: We all run out of time sometimes. You can save yourself a lot of prep time by buying pre-shredded carrots and the pre-bagged coleslaw mix.
- Purple cabbage: Using a combination of both the purple and green cabbage makes for a really colorful eye-catching salad, but you can use just one or the other if you desire.
What to Add Into your Ramen Salad
This is a fantastic side dish and could be used as a main dish.
- Protein: Turn this into a main dish by adding grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp or tofu.
- Fruit: Adding some fruit adds a sweet light touch. Mandarin oranges, chopped pineapple or mango.
- Vegetables: You can add in any other kind of vegetable that you think goes well with this. Edamame, mushrooms, zucchini, snowpeas and chopped peppers.
- Garnish: Adding cilantro gives an extra bit of freshness that is incredible.
How to Store Asian Salad
This asian ramen salad is even better the next day! If you know you will have leftovers, don’t add the dressing to the whole salad. It will make the noodles and almonds go soggy. Store the salad and dressing seperate in the fridge and mix individual servings as needed. The salad will keep for up to 4 days. The dressing will store for 2 weeks.
Asian Ramen Salad
- 2 packages ramen noodles flavor packets removed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 head green cabbage sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush up the ramen noodles and lay them on a sheet pan with the almonds. Toast until lightly brown for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl add the cabbage, carrots, green onions, and ramen and almonds.
To make the dressing: Whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil and seeds.
Pour over the salad and toss until it is combined.
The Recipe Critic