- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 slices quality bread
- 2 springs chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon chive blossoms (if in season)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Saute sliced onions and tomatoes with olive oil over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast two slices of bread in a toaster.
- Evenly smear avocado onto each slice of toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top toast with onions and tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chives and chive blossoms.