- 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli – cut into spears
- 5 cloves of garlic – chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 Juice of lemon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Dashes of red pepper flakes
- Grated Romano cheese
- Dash of sea salt
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and add the broccoli. Simmer the broccoli in the water for about 3-4 minutes. Drain the broccoli and set aside in a serving dish.
- Heat a large frying pan with a few drizzles of olive oil then add the garlic, spices and the breadcrumbs. Sauté, until the breadcrumbs start to become golden and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the breadcrumbs over the broccoli and grate Romano cheese, another drizzle of olive oil and toss.