This cheesy baked asparagus will be the best side dish that you have ever had! Packed to the brim with flavor and melted cheese, this asparagus makes my mouth water just thinking of it!
Vegetables are needed with every single meal so why not make them as delicious as possible? Try out some more of my favorite go-to vegetables like these garlic butter string beans, these delicious carrots, or my favorite vegetable stir fry!
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
I don’t know how old I was when I discovered that vegetables didn’t have to taste bland and flavorless. Add in some seasonings, spices, and cheese and it makes everything taste delicious! Yep, even the vegetables! This cheesy asparagus is no exception and when I say that it flew off my table, I mean it! Even my kids went crazy over this dish and they were fighting over who got to eat the last bite!
You know it’s a good recipe in general when you can get kids to eat it but when that recipe is a vegetable… well, that’s just miraculous! This cheesy asparagus goes with just about any meal. Pair it with some chicken, beef, or even pork chops, and your guests will be cleaning their plates and asking for seconds before you know it! Plus, this recipe is not only delicious but you can whip it up in less than 20 minutes!
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Baked Asparagus
Short, sweet, and to the point, this ingredients list uses ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This is drizzled on the asparagus before you add in any cheese or toppings.
- Asparagus: 2 bunches of asparagus will be enough for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper: Add these to taste.
- Monterey Cheese and Parmesan Cheese: The cheese is the best part!
How to Bake Cheesy Asparagus
Take 20 minutes of your time and make this cheesy baked asparagus! You won’t regret it for one second. In fact, I bet that you even want to make round 2 immediately after!
- Prepare Oven and Baking Dish: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a 9×13 inch dish add the heavy cream to the bottom. Add the asparagus and salt and pepper.
- Bake: Top with cheese and grated parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and asparagus is tender.
Tips for Cooking with Asparagus
There are a few things that can be helpful when you cook with asparagus like when it goes bad, how do I wash it, etc! I’ve answered these and more to help your cheesy baked asparagus turn out the best that it can!
- How to Pick Out Asparagus: When you are at your local grocery store picking out your asparagus, look for stalks that are firm to the touch, have a smooth texture, a deep green color and ones that don’t flop over when you hold them up!
- Do I wash asparagus? Yes! Always rinse off any vegetables before cooking with them.
- How to know if asparagus has gone bad? If you asparagus is limp, has gone dark on the tips or smells weird then it’s time to throw it out!
- Should asparagus be crunchy or soft? If cooked properly, your asparagus should be nice and soft after you bake it!
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover asparagus will last for 3-5 days if you store it in your fridge in an airtight container. When you are ready to eat your leftovers, cook them in your oven at 400 degrees until they are warmed through.
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 bunches asparagus
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Monterey cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a 9×13 inch dish add the heavy cream to the bottom. Add the asparagus and salt and pepper.
Top with cheese and grated parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and asparagus is tender.
The Recipe Critic