- 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 14 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz shell pasta
- 1/2 lb sliced provolone
- 1/2 lb sliced mozzarella
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook the ground meat in a little oil in a large pan stirring often. Drain fat.
- Add onions, garlic, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, & undrained mushrooms. Mix well.
- Simmer 20 mins or until onions are soft.
- Cook pasta according to package directons. Drain & rinse with cold water.
- Pour 1/2 of the shells in deep casserole.
- Cover with 1/2 meat sauce mixture. Top with provolone.
- Repeat & end with mozzarella.
- Cover casserole & bake at 350 for 35-40 min.
- Remove cover & continue baking until mozzarella melts & browns slightly, about 5 mins more.
Leave a Reply