- 16 ounces (454 gram) package of chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced lengthwise
- Soak noodles in hot water until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat. When hot, add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add chicken and cook until done.
- Add vegetables and cook until tender crisp, about 4 -5 minutes, then add chicken broth mixture.
- Stir in drained noodles and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply