- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, seeded, pureed fresh tomatoes or 1 large can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 rib of celery, finely diced
- cooked tagliatelle
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper
- In a pot add a couple glugs of olive oil & sauté clove of garlic until brown then discard.
- On medium heat sauté veggies slowly for about 10 minutes – so they are not brown but translucent.
- Raise the heat slightly & add in meat – breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add tomatoes & half a glass of water.
- Bring up to boil.
- Lower to a very low simmer for 2.5 hours stirring occasionally.
- Toss with your favorite pasta.
- If sauce becomes too thick, add a little pasta water.
Leave a Reply