- 1 cup AP flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic on its skin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese/paneer
- 2 cups pumpkin cubes, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Place the flour, salt, egg, milk and finely chopped coriander on a lightly floured board and knead into a smooth dough. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Place the garlic on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until soft.
- Separately mash the pumpkin, and cottage cheese.
- In a large bowl place the mashed pumpkin, cottage cheese, drained and chopped sundried tomatoes, mashed garlic, and mix well. Season with some salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll out as thinly as humanly possible (if you have a pasta machine you need to roll out to 3mm thickness), and leave the pasta on a dish towel until it dries out a bit.
- Using a 3 inch crinkle edged round cutter stamp out 30 rounds of pasta, I used all the bits and bobs and rolled out again and cut up almost the entire dough.
- Top 15 rounds with spoonfuls of the filling and brush the edges with water and place another round of pasta on top. Press firmly around the edges to seal.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil, add salt, add the ravioli and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, the pasta when cooked will rise up to the surface of the water.
- Drain well and toss with the drained oil from the sundried tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepper and a few sprigs of fresh coriander. Nice!
Leave a Reply