Cranberry feta bowtie salad with spinach is an easy salad perfect for potlucks and holidays! Each bite is packed with a zesty Dijon vinaigrette dressing, raisins, and walnuts.
Cranberry Feta Pasta Salad Recipe
Cranberry feta bowtie salad with spinach is a mix of one of my favorite spinach and arugula salads mixed with pasta for the perfect lunch or picnic option. It has the best texture ever! And to top it all off, it’s draped in a super easy, super flavorful Dijon vinaigrette for the perfect pop of zesty flavor! You can serve it as a fresh side dish or an entree, it’s delicious either way!
This cranberry feta bowtie salad has the perfect summer and fall flavor. It’s so fresh and flavorful! The combination of cranberries, spinach, walnuts, and bowtie pasta makes me want to host another barbecue. This is such a good side, it always gets devoured wherever it goes! And if you’re looking for more easy and delicious pasta salads, this shrimp pasta salad and orzo pasta salad are 2 of my all-time favorites! Honestly, they’ll be the highlight of your barbecue!
A Reader’s Review
Everything You Need to Make It
Here’s everything needed to make this fresh and flavorful spinach pasta salad! You can mix and match fillings to create your perfect summer salad. See more mix-ins in the tips section below.
- Bowtie Pasta: I love using bow-tie pasta because it has little pockets to hold the vinaigrette! You can swap this out for other kinds of pasta like rotini or penne.
- Baby Spinach: Baby spinach has a sweeter flavor and more tender, delicate texture than regular spinach.
- Arugula: Arugula has the best peppery flavor! The texture is nice and crisp, too.
- Cranberries: I used dried cranberries because they have more mild flavor, but fresh cranberries work too!
- Golden Raisins: For a light, sweet flavor.
- Walnut Halves: Add the perfect crunch and nutty flavor. Feel free to adjust the size of the pieces to your liking!
- Crumbled Feta Cheese: Adds rich and tangy flavor.
Ingredients for Dijon Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinegar: Gives the dressing a pop of zesty flavor.
- Honey: Makes the dressing nice and sweet!
- Dijon Mustard: The star of the show! Gives the vinaigrette its classic tangy flavor and zip.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add both to taste!
- Olive Oil: Adds moisture and helps the seasonings and flavors stick to the salad.
How to Make Cranberry Feta Bowtie Salad With Spinach
This is a super easy pasta salad recipe to make. It’s ready in minutes! The flavorful ingredients do all of the heavy lifting. All you need to do is cook up your pasta and mix everything together. It’s the best!
- Prepare Pasta: Cook the pasta according to directions on the box and drain. Allow pasta to cool.
- Combine: In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked pasta, spinach, arugula, cranberries, golden raisins, walnuts, and feta cheese.
- Whisk Vinaigrette Ingredients: In a small bowl, add the vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, black pepper, salt, and olive oil and whisk well until combined.
- Toss Together: Pour desired amount over pasta mixture and combine gently.
More Tasty Mix-Ins
The best part about salads is being able to customize them! Here are a few easy ways to switch up this cranberry feta bowtie salad.
- Swap Dressing: You can absolutely use different dressings if you’d prefer them, but the classic Dijon vinaigrette is easy and works well with all the flavors. You can also make a honey vinaigrette or even a delicious creamy balsamic vinaigrette. This homemade lemon vinaigrette is also a great choice for summer!
- Adding Protein: For a boost of healthy protein, try adding shredded chicken or tofu to your cranberry feta bowtie salad!
- Other Nuts: Instead of chopped walnuts, you can use sliced almonds or pecans! A mix of all three is a great option too for more nutty goodness.
- Mix-Ins: Salads are great for using up leftovers in the fridge. Some other fixings I like to add to this salad are olives, cucumbers, sliced apples, quinoa, croutons, and summer berries.
Storing Leftover Salad and Making Ahead
If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, store the salad and vinaigrette separately. This will keep your greens from getting soggy.
- Storing Separately: Packaged baby spinach and arugula will last for 5-7 days in the fridge. Similarly, cooked bowtie pasta will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. Your homemade Dijon vinaigrette will last for 3-4 days. Keep all ingredients refrigerated until ready to use.
- Dressed Salad: Dressed salad will only last a day or two at max before it begins to wilt. Store it in the fridge and serve as soon as possible.
Cranberry Feta Bowtie Salad With Spinach
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Cook the pasta according to directions on the box and drain.
Allow pasta to cool.
in a large bowl add the pasta, spinach, arugula, cranberries, golden raisins, walnuts and feta cheese.
In a small bowl add the vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, black pepper salt and olive oil and whisk well until combined.
Pour over desired amount over salad and combine gently.
The Recipe Critic