For a quick snack make these Ranch Pretzels. These make the best party, movie night, or after school snack!
Ranch Pretzel Recipe
These incredible little addicting ranch pretzels are so easy to make and so delicious, you are going to find yourself making these on repeat. They come together in under 5 minutes and an easy go to snack or appetizer. Perfect for the big game, a movie night, potluck, party or just because you want them! Your whole family is going to love these pretzels. Ranch pretzels are ideal for kids, put out a bowl and let them help themselves. No need to worry about micromanaging. Total win for everyone.
I love that the pretzel and flavoring all in one. I don’t have to worry about dipping these pretzels, they are already seasoned perfectly. Use them for snacks on car trips for a nice twist without the mess. Salty and zesty they make the perfect companion to other snacks such as fruit and fluffy marshmallow dip or sweet caramel popcorn! So grab a bag of pretzels and let’s do this!
Ingredients for Ranch Seasoned Pretzels
These ranch pretzels ingredients are probably sitting in your pantry right now. If not, they’re not hard to find. Be sure to buy the powdered ranch dressing mix and not the salad dressing.
- Pretzels: I used mini pretzels
- Butter: Melted
- Ranch Dressing: Buy the packets or make your own, it’s easy!
How to Make Ranch Covered Pretzels
These pretzels come together in no time, which is a good thing because they will go fast. Make a double batch just to be sure you have enough on hand!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix: In a large bowl add the pretzels, butter, and ranch seasoning and stir until evenly coated.
- Bake: Lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool: Remove from oven and let cool completely. Serve.
What Kind of Pretzels Should I use?
Any kind you have on hand will work. I like the texture and flavor of the mini pretzels. But I have seen pretzel sticks, thick cut pretzels, waffle cut and spindle shaped, all used with success. It’s really up to you and what you prefer. Make several batches using all different kinds and find your favorite. I don’t think you’ll regret trying them all.
Tips and Variations of Easy Ranch Pretzels
Did I mention that these are addicting? You truly should make a double batch of these ranch pretzels.
- Mix together: To season the pretzels a bit more evenly try mixing the ranch seasoning in the butter before pouring it over the pretzels. It will help the pretzels get more evenly coated.
- Add More: Add more zing to your ranch pretzels by adding 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of dill. Yummy!
- Butter Substitute: You can trade out the butter for oil, canola, olive or coconut all best. However I do have to say the butter gives incredible flavor.
- Adjust it to your Liking: One of the best things about this recipe is that your can adjust the seasoning to your tastes. If you like more or less seasoning simply add more or less. It’s one of the best things about making your own ranch pretzels vs store bought. You can totally adjust it your tastes.
- Make your own Ranch: Ranch seasoning is so easy to make, check out my post on all the tips and tricks and recipe.
Making Ahead and Storing Seasoned Pretzels
- Make ahead: These ranch pretzels are great to make ahead for when you need them later for a party, road trip or game
- Store: These will keep up to 2-3 weeks in a tightly sealed container or zip lock plastic bag. Keep in a cool dry place.
More Quick and Easy Pretzel Recipes
Whether it’s the main attraction or a supporting role, pretzels are hands down a favorite in our home. They’re crunchy, savory and have that perfect touch of salt. They add a balance to sweet treats and add depth of flavor to savory dishes. They can stand alone or pair beautifully with so many things. Try any of these pretzel recipes, they are all tried and true!
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Baked Soft Pretzels
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
- Amazing Strawberry Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 pound mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup butter melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1 Homemade Ranch Seasoning or Package from the store
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In a large bowl add the pretzels, butter, and ranch seasoning and stir until evenly coated.
Lay on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Serve.
The Recipe Critic