- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1 pound flank steak
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- ½ large jalapeno, seeded and minced ( whole 1 if brave)
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of
- Juice of large ½ lime
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, white only finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat a grill pan or light a grill.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes with the scallions, cilantro, Jalapeno, garlic and lemon – lime juice. Season the salsa with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper the flank steak.
- Using a grill pan brush a shadow of oil on the bottom of it. Place the pan over high heat and when hot add the flank steak. Cook until nicely charred outside and medium rare inside. About 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steak to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve with the herbed salsa.