- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 ounces diced green chilies (2 of those little cans)
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 5 hamburger buns
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced orange peppers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce (plain)
- Brown the onions
- Add the garlic and saute till fragrant, about 30 seconds. You can saute the orange peppers here too, if you like them very soft.
- Add the beef and brown it well.
- Add the chilies, tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar and spices.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until as thick as you like.
- Add the orange peppers at the end to keep a fresher flavor and crispier texture.