- 1 cup Oats flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder/Instant coffee
- 3/4 cup Sugar (add more if you like more sweet), OR replace with xyliTol
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 4 ounces Apple Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 C of chocolate using the double-boiler method or in the microwave. While still hot, stir in espresso powder. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add whisked dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate, and apple sauce.
- Finally stir in the reserved chocolate chips and toasted almonds
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it into an even-ish layer with a spatula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, or until firm enough to handle without it sticking to your fingers.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and slide the parchment paper and dough onto a cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the dough into equal pieces.
- Give each piece a somewhat rounded shape with the palms of your hands and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Insert into the oven and bake for 12(chewy)-15(crispy)minutes. Or until the surface is just set, but still plenty soft when gently pressed in the middle.
- Let the cookies settle on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- C White chocolate chips.
- Orange Extract/essence (optional)
- Microwave or double boil to melt white chocolate. After melting at this point of time add 2 drops of orange essence. Once the cookies are cold enough, apply melted white chocolate with a help of a butter knife,on one layer and sandwich it with other. Put it right in the fridge or set aside, to harden chocolate filling. Enjoy!!