- cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 3 lbs. chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 cup sugar
- In a pan, pour about two inches of oil and heat on medium heat till hot.
- Cut chicken on the diagonal into thick strips, about two inches wide.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- In another container, place flour.
- Coat chicken strips in egg mixture first, then generously pat with flour, covering all sides. I will often give it a couple of coatings. There should be a thick layer of batter on the chicken pieces.
- When oil is hot, fry chicken pieces till golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken, and let rest on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- To make candy sauce, place soy sauce and sugar in a bowl and mix together, about 30 seconds.
- The sugar will not completely dissolve, but the mixture should be thick, and not grainy.
- Add sesame seeds and mix to incorporate.
- Dip chicken in sauce, covering all sides.
- Repeat, till all pieces are covered.
- Serve with rice, drizzle remain sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
Leave a Reply