- 1 (4 oz.) fresh goat cheese, Chavrie log
- 8 2-ounce lamb loins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 10 seconds then add the spinach and sauté only until the spinach wilts.
- Set aside to cool.
- Lay out the lamb loin and butterfly to create a flat piece about 6 inches wide.
- Season the loin with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and spread evenly over the lamb loin.
- Split the goat cheese in half lengthwise and then in half again to create 4 lengthwise quarters.
- Place 2 quarters end to end on each prepared lamb loin.
- Roll and truss each prepared loin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat cooking oil over medium high heat and sear each loin for 3-4 minutes on all sides.
- Roast lamb loins in the oven for 10 -12 minutes until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove string and slice into ½ medallions.
- Divide among 2 plates and serve.
Leave a Reply