- 2 T salted black beans, undrained
- 1 c coconut milk (we used fresh)
- 2 slices (about ¼ lb each) parrot fish
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T olive oil (or any cooking oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- seasoned salt to taste
- ¼ c diced tomato
- Season both sides of fish with seasoned salt.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. When ready (oil is hot but no smoking hot), fry fish with both sides lightly browned. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté garlic until lightly browned using the oil previously used to fry the fish.
- Add in onions and tomatoes. Sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add in fish and coconut milk. Let cook until coconut milk boils. Season with seasoned salt only if you so desire.
- Serve over warm over steamed rice.