- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk or cream, slightly warmed
- Kosher salt for cooking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Zest of 1 orange, minced
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mash peeled potatoes until well broken up. (Or use an electric mixer.)
- Mix cinnamon, cayenne, cardamom, zest and sugar. Set aside.
- Add butter, milk or cream, vanilla and maple syrup to potatoes. Mix well.
- Add cinnamon sugar mixture until incorporated and smooth. Salt to taste.
Leave a Reply