- cup bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon of chopped basil
- 400 grams brown mushrooms
- 50 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, pepper
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into large pieces. If they are large mushrooms, cut into quarters. If they are small, cut into half.
- Peel and cut the onions into large chunks, like the mushrooms.
- Peel and chop the garlic into a fine mince.
- Heat a saucepan till hot and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to stir fry till garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms. Stir fry for a couple of minutes, tossing evenly.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. I used Masterfoods Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Stir the salt and pepper through.
- Cover the saucepan for a minute. Remove the lid. The mushrooms should have started to soften.
- Add a large dollop of butter.
- Add 1/3 cup of bacon bits. Or more, if you like.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chopped basil.
- Stir the herbs and bacon bits through and we’re done!
Leave a Reply