- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 ounce large or two small skin-on fish fillets abt 8
- 1/2 cup Flour
- small (rainbow trout, salmon, or Kosher salt to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. When pan is good and hot, add Canola oil followed immediately by 1 tablespoon butter.
- As soon as foaming subsides, place fish in pan with the skin side down. Jiggle pan for the first 10 seconds to keep the fish from sticking. Cook until golden crust forms on meat. Carefully turn fish away from you and again jiggle pan for the first few seconds. Cook until skin turns golden brown. Remove to a warm plate.
- Pour out the cooking fat, add remaining butter and quickly fry the capers. Remove pan from the heat, add lemon juice to pan and swirl. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.