- 1 tbsp Russian Mulling Spice
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup desicated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sun-Maid Raisins or Fruit Bits
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- the zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup or about 6 oz soft tofu
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3/4 cup whey powder
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Grease a muffin tin or line it with cups.
- Mix dry ingredients (the first 7) in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, carrot, tofu, dried fruit and lemon zest.
- Fold the dry mix into the large bowl just enough to properly combine them. It is important not to over mix this batter.
- Pour mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean and dry.
- Makes 6 over sized or 8 small muffins.
- Muffins freeze well for 2 months.
Leave a Reply