- 1 cup asparagus cut into few inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water for a minute or two to get rid of the bitter aftertaste.
- Transfer to a pot or rice cooker, add 2 cups of water, salt, cover and bring to a boil. Lower down the heat and cook 15 min or until water is absorbed.
- In another pot bring water to a boil, add asparagus and simmer 5-8 min or until soft.
- When ready cool down the quinoa and asparagus. Meanwhile chop all the veggie ingredients.
- Prepare the dressing by simply mixing all of its ingredients in a bowl.
- In a bowl combine quinoa, avocado, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and shallots. Pour the dressing and mix until all is combined.