- 3 bunches ramps, cleaned and bulbs removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano or Asiago cheese, grated
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- juice from one lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, place the ramps, walnuts, cheese, zest, lemon juice and a generous amount of salt and pepper and pulse until combined into a paste.
- With the processor running, drizzle the oil from the top, starting with 1/3 of a cup. If the pesto looks thick, at the remaining olive oil, if it is a good consistency stop at 1/3 cup.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.