- 1 medium Head Cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 2 Leeks, White and Light Green Part Only (cut into half lengthwise)
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cans Chicken Broth*
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Spread chopped cauliflower, leeks and garlic on baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on vegetables and mix well to thoroughly coat. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast in oven for 40-45 minutes. Vegetables should be brown on edges and slightly softened.
- Pour roasted vegetables into a saucepan and add 2 cans of chicken broth and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Over medium high heat, heat vegetables and broth until it bubbles.
- Using an immersion blender (stick blender), thoroughly puree all contents of the saucepan. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. Just be careful putting hot liquids in a blender as they can cause the lid to come flying off sending your yummy soup all over your kitchen. (You can vent the lid a little to help reduce the chance of this happening.)
Leave a Reply