- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 habanero or jalapeno pepper
- 1 Juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- Salt (to taste)** I used smoked sea salt
- 5 medium tomatoes
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Cut tomatoes in half and onions in quarters and arrange on a tin-foil lined baking sheet.
- Add the red pepper, garlic cloves (whole & with skin) and hot pepper. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil & salt.
- Broil for 10 min, until skin on tomatoes and pepper begins to char.
- Cool for 5 min.
- Remove tomato, pepper and garlic skins.
- Throw all veggies (except cilantro & lime) into food processor.
- Pulse 2-4 times (you want to leave it a bit chunky).
- Toss in a bowl with cilantro and lime juice.
- Add cumin and salt to taste.
- Serve with corn chips or toasted pita chips.
Leave a Reply