- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
- 1 pounds Red potatoes – cut into disks
- 1 pounds sweet potatoes – cut into disks
- ½ lb carrots – sliced in disks
- ½ lb turnips – peeled and sliced in disks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll piecrusts on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle rosemary, pepper, and ½ cup cheese over 1 piecrust; top with remaining piecrust. Roll into a 13-inch circle. Press on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan; fold edges under. Chill.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice Red potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and turnips.
- Layer one-third each of red potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and turnips and salt in prepared crust. Sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese. Repeat layers twice, pressing layers down slightly to fit.
- Microwave cream and garlic in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup at HIGH 45 seconds; pour over potato layers in pan. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese. Cover pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 25 minutes or until potatoes are done and crust is richly browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully transfer to a serving plate, and remove sides of pan. If desired, carefully slide gratin off bottom of pan using a long knife or narrow spatula.