- 400 g flour,
- 1 1/3 tsp instant dry yeast,
- 40 g molasses
- olive oil
- 1 tsp salt,
- 150 g hulled sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and pour the olive oil and lukewarm water into the well.
- Knead the dough with your hands for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Take two pieces and stretch the dough into thin strips (about 30-35 cm long).
- Cover the rest of the dough to prevent it from drying out.
- Place 2 strips side-by-side, pinch the ends. Twist them together and pinch to join the ends.
- Place the rings on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Let the dough sit in a warm place for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Pour the sesame seeds into the pan and turn the fire on medium heat.
- Stir the seeds every 4-5 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Pour molasses and boiling water into a bowl big enough to fit your rings.
- Whisk to dissolve the molasses completely.
- Put the sesame seeds in another bowl.
- Dip both sides of the rings in the liquid, drain excess moisture, then coat both sides in the sesame seeds.
- Transfer them to the baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 17 minutes.
Leave a Reply