- 1 (15 ounce) can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled & rough chopped
- ¼ cup smoked almonds, toasted & rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Fire up your grill to roast the red bell peppers. Lightly coat the red peppers with olive oil & place on a pre-heated grill over high heat. Turn the peppers occasionally to char the skin black – 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the grill & place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap – 10 minutes. Peel & discard the skin, seeds & veins; Rough chop the peppers & place in a food processor. Add all the other ingredients & pulse until blended. Slowly add the olive oil & blend until smooth. Season with salt & pepper.
- You can serve the romesco sauce at room temperature or chilled. If needed, gently warm the sauce over low heat. Over heating the sauce will could cause it to separate. If so, pour separated sauce in a blender & process for 1 minute.