- 150 grams packets of Pizza base mix
- 2 teaspoons • active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon • sugar
- 1 tablespoon • olive oil
- 25 grams • pitted olives, sliced
- 25 grams • sundried tomatoes, sliced (used jar ones)
- •Sea salt
- •Handful of freash chopped rosemary and thyme
- 225 milliliters • warm water
- In a bowl combine the warm water, yeast and sugar and leave for about 15 minutes untill frothy.
- Oil a shallow baking tin. Put the pizza base mix into the food processor bowl fitted with the dough attachment.
- With the machine running, pour the frothy yeast mixture and mix to a soft dough.
- Knead for 2-3 minutes in the machine untill smooth in texture. Press into the prepared baking tin, pushing the dough into the corners.
- Cover with oiled clingfilm and leave rise in a warm placed about 35-40 minutes or untill in height.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to Gas mark 7. Make dimples all over the surface of the risen dough with your finger and sprinkle sea salt, olives, tomatoes and chopped herbs.Bake for 10-15 minutes untill golden.
- Focaccia bread can be used as a side for many meals, as a base for pizza or as sandwich bread.
Leave a Reply