- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 Cloves garlic, pressed or crushed
- 1 stem lemongrass (white parts only)
- 1 kg ( – 2 1/4 lbs) mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons red chilies, chopped
- A handful of Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Scrub the outside of the mussels with a brush. Remove and discard the beards.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan add garlic, lemongrass and chili. Cook until slightly brown and fragrant.
- Add the mussels to the wok and toss well. Add in chinese rice wine, water, and Thai basil after about 3 minutes. Mix well. Put the lid back on for another 1 minutes or so until all the mussels are open (discard any that stay closed).
Leave a Reply