- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons Tablespoons+ 1 flour
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 ounce grated parmesan
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Start the béchamel sauce (below) and do the next steps at the same time you’re working on it. Ideally, by the time you’ve finished the béchamel all the components of the lasagna will be ready.
- Slice 8 ounces of Buffalo mozzarella (or other fresh mozzarella) into ¼ inch pieces and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Slice the tops and bottoms off of the tomatoes and discard or reserve for another use. Cut the rest of each tomato into ¼ inch rounds.
- Put 5 cups of hot water (not boiling) into a loaf pan or casserole and slip the no-boil noodles in one at a time. Let noodles soak for 15 minutes.
- In a glass loaf pan, build the lasagna in this order: -A layer of uncooked tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and oregano. -1 Noodle -A quarter of the mozzarella distributed on top -A quarter cup of béchamel distributed on top -Sprinkle with parmesan -1 Noodle -A layer of uncooked tomato slices. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and oregano.
- Continue the sequence with remaining noodles and filling, finishing with a layer of tomato slices drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and oregano.
- Bake at 375º for 40-45 minutes, until béchamel has puffed up and the edges are bubbling.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply