- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices of stale bread cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Cognac (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¾ cup milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sausage meat
- 4 large white mushrooms, cleaned, stem removed and sliced thinly
- Soak the bread in the milk.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat warm the oil. Add the onion and cook stirring for about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the parsley and cook 5 minutes or until there is no more juices running from the mushrooms.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the turkey and the sausage meat.
- Add the egg, parmesan cheese, sage, squeeze the milk out of the bread and add the bread to the meat mixture.
- Add the onion mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Mix everything together until the bread is well worked in and the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to solidify.
- With your hands form individual meat “boulettes” or patties. Roll them on the bread crumbs and place them on a large piece of parchment paper.
- In a very large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot but not burning, sauté the meat until golden brown and no juices are running out when slightly pressed down.
- Remove from the pan and place on paper towel before serving.
Leave a Reply