- 4 handfuls fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 dessert spoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 dessert spoon finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C.
- Place 4 of the eggs in a pan and cover completely with cold water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Cool in cold water before peeling.
- Whisk the remaining egg.
- Combine the chopped herbs with the breadcrumbs and season.
- Gently roll each boiled egg in flour, then the egg mixture then the breadcrumbs.
- Put the oil in a pan to a depth of 2 inches/5 cm and heat.
- Fry the eggs until golden, turning occasionally so as not to burn – about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place in the oven in an ovenproof dish to heat through for about 3-4 minutes.
Leave a Reply