- 1 1/2 pounds kale, larger stems removed, and leaves chopped (can substitute 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 14 ounces can of diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Fill a large stockpot halfway with water. Bring to a boil and then toss in the kale leaves. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes or until leaves are tender (not mushy). Drain leaves in a colander.
- Wipe out any excess water from the pot. Place back on burner and turn to medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper, and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the beans and broth, and bring to a boil again. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add the kale. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Parmesan.